How green am I?


Lately, the most important source that provides information about environmentally friendly practices is the internet. Social networks like Instagram, Twitter or Facebook are a very good place to find information and connect with people with different opinions and habits, to finally become more conscious about the damage we have done to our planet and how to reduce it.

I have included recycling into my habits, specially at the university since almost everyone is aware of the benefits of recycling and there are special places for waste sorting. It’s way harder doing that at home because my family is not as committed to these practices as I am, but I still do my best and try to make them more conscious. Whenever I can and the distance allows it choose my bike or my legs instead of vehicles that increase environmental pollution, but it’s not always possible because I live too far from the essential places and it takes me too much time to get there. For the same reason I haven’t joined any eco-organization yet, I’m always busy and running out of time.

I think the most important and personal thing I have done to reduce my carbon footprint is transitioning to a vegan diet, it reduces my carbon footprint in more than a half, helps to generate less pollution and also improves my health, so it’s a good choice. I think our city and the whole society is lost because there is a lot of misinformation and manipulation of the reality, it’s hard to realise that our world is actually dying and that we are the ones who need to help and stop it. But it’s still really hard to do something while powerful people don’t care about the environment as long as they keep producing. In the meanwhile, we need to stay informed and start taking care of our planet by ourselves, it’s the least we can do. 

Comentarios